Hot Tubbers, get ready to fire up your grills – July is National Grilling Month, and my BBQ has been feeling the heat! From family dinners to dinner parties, I’ve been cooking outdoors more often this summer. My husband and I like to team up on barbequing: I’m in charge of the food prep and he is master of the grill. We like to prepare wholesome meals with fresh organic ingredients using quick and easy recipes. I use Pinterest to catalogue recipes I discover on my go-to websites, The Gracious Pantry, Whole Living, Dr. Oz, and Livestrong.
Here are a few grilling recipes that can be prepared in 20 minutes or less that I have tried and recommend.
- Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Basil & Tomato, Whole Living
- Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers, Kitchen Meets Girl
- Grilled Salmon Kabobs, Skinny Taste
- Tangerine Grilled Tuna, Skinny Ms.
- Grilled Tomato Melts, Better Homes & Garden.
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes, Simply Recipes
- Clean Eating Italian BBQ Herb Crookneck Squash, The Gracious Pantry
- Chef Rocco DiSpirito’s Mexican Grilled Corn, Dr. Oz
Before lighting up the grill, here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Clean your grill first. Scrub it with hot, soapy water before heating. And don’t forget to wash your hands too!
- Thaw and marinate meat in the refrigerator, not the counter, to avoid bacteria and spoiling.
- Don’t reuse utensils and cookware. Use separate dishes, cutting boards, knives and utensils for raw and ready-to-eat meat.
- Use the meat thermometer. Internal temperatures for full cook meats:
- Steak: 145°F (Allow to rest for 3 minutes before carving or consuming)
- Hamburgers: 160°
- Chicken: 165°
- Fish: 145°F
Let us know what your favorite quick-and-easy grilling recipes are with a comment below!