There are a few all-important spa maintenance checks to perform on a regular basis. They’ll keep your hot tub clean and sanitary so you can enjoy it often. Plus, continued maintenance adds to the longevity of your spa.
An easy way to remember when to do these tasks is to schedule routine maintenance on your phone using personal reminders.
5-point hot tub maintenance checklist:
- 1. Clean your filter every month. Using a garden hose, spray the filter and rotate while spraying to thoroughly remove any debris lodged between the filter pleats. Replace your filter every three years with a genuine Watkins®replacement filter.
- Drain and refill the hot tub once every three to four months for optimal water upkeep. Instructions for refilling your spa can be found in the hot tub owner’s manual.
- Check and clean the skimmer basket weekly to ensure proper filter flow. Remove leaves, foreign matter, and debris.
- Sanitize the spa. We highly recommend the FROG® In-Line Water Care System. You don’t have to measure chemicals, just insert two cartridges and change them out according to the directions. Minerals and bromine work together to keep water clean. You can set dosage based on spa use.
- Consider adding a high-output Monarch® Corona Discharge (CD) ozone system. It works great with the FROG In-line system and keeps the water clean and fresh longer.
You can get more in-depth help keeping your hot tub water clean with our comprehensive hot tub water care guide.
Use your spa often! Regular use means you’ll be attentive to the way your spa performs.