My blender has been running in overdrive lately. Smoothies have become a staple in my life, morning and night. Whether whipping one up to enjoy during my morning commute, or post-workout while in my hot tub, I’ve found smoothies to be a quick, refreshing mini-meal – especially as summer approaches.
This delicious obsession was sparked during my smoothie recipe investigation on Pinterest. In my quest for clean eating tips I came across some delicious smoothie options. Some of my favorites are:
- Clean Eating Blueberry Banana Smoothie from The Gracious Pantry
- Overnight Apple Cinnamon Smoothie from fitsugar.com
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Chia Seeds from Honest Cooking
I even create my own “recipes” that typically consist of the following ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of almond or coconut milk. Cow’s milk or Greek yogurt would work, too, but I use non-dairy options.
- 1/2 frozen banana. Tip: when I eat a fresh banana, I always freeze half of it.
- Any additional fresh or frozen fruit. I’m a berry kind of girl.
- A heaping handful of spinach. This is such an easy way to squeeze extra greens into my diet!
- 1 tbsp. of chia seeds. Read about the nutritional value here.
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder or 1tbsp. of almond butter.
For more smoothie and wholesome eating ideas, take a look at Caldera’s Look Good + Feel Good Pinterest board!
Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe? Share it with us in the comments below!