If you spend a lot of time sitting at a computer or using a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, your neck and shoulder muscles can develop tension from constantly reaching your arms, upper body, and attention toward a keyboard. Between a hunched posture and any mental stress resulting from work or life in general, that tension can build on itself day after day and result in constant discomfort. Pain and even slight discomfort can make it difficult to sleep and discourage you from healthy physical activity.
Your muscles are at their best and most supple when they are long and have healthy blood flow. So, to counteract the effects of technology on the body and mind, a proactive and soothing regimen of flowing movement, stretches, heat therapy, and rest is needed. Fortunately, a hot tub offers all of these great benefits in a single warm water soak. Let your spa be an antidote for neck pain, shoulder stiffness, and tension that can leave you feeling less than your best.
Watch this video to find out how true muscle health inspires Caldera Spas® hot tubs:
How to Use a Hot Tub for Neck and Shoulder Pain
Preventing pain associated with technology use involves improving your posture, committing to breaks in the workday, and maintaining an active lifestyle. But when pain is already present, a home spa can ease it by breaking up muscle tension and promoting relaxation and stress relief.
Here are some great tips for integrating your hot tub into your day for better work-life balance and pain relief:
- Plan at least one 20-minute hot tub soak each day. Soak in the morning to warm and loosen your muscles for the day, or in the evening to refresh your body and refocus after a day at work. You can also take time out for hot tub hydrotherapy in the morning and evening to better integrate self-care with your productive work life.
- Create a relaxing home spa environment. When it’s time for your hot tub soak, set aside distractions, including your phone. Enjoy the quiet or some peaceful music and commit to being present for your experience of true self-care.
- Set your spa jets to target areas that most need relief. Caldera jets are designed to target one unique muscle group at a time for focused and effective hydrotherapy. Spend time getting to know your spa and the many options for jet massage. Then, when you’re ready for your 20-minute soak, all you have to do is dial-in the massage you need in that moment for neck and shoulder pain relief.
- Stretch in your hot tub for ultimate benefit. Sometimes, all you want is to sit back and relax in your spa, but it’s good to occasionally take advantage of stretching in the warm water. You can expand your range of motion and lengthen your muscles by committing to gentle movements and stretches of your neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, and hands once a day in your hot tub. A greater range of motion can support healthier posture and help to prevent further tension from building up in your muscles.
The following video will guide you through some neck and shoulder stretches you can do comfortably in your home spa:
What a Hydrotherapy Hot Tub Invites into Your Life
Caldera hot-tubbers report incredible advantages around renewal, rejuvenation, and reconnection after incorporating a daily 20-minute soak into their lives.
- A personal retreat, your home spa is just steps away—every day.
- A welcome opportunity to unplug from screen devices and enjoy the moment.
- An evening soak signals that it is time to rest. Enjoy improved sleep when your body is more relaxed.
- Improved circulation and energy for the day.
- A variety of jets offer total body massage.
- Relax muscles and joints that are tired and sore.
- Support exercise and an overall active lifestyle.
- Quality time with the people who mean the most to you.
- Recommit to self-care routines and the benefits of slowing down.
You no longer have to feel limited by neck pain and other physical discomforts. A daily soak is a progressive solution to reducing stress and finding balance in your life, work, and relationships. As you continue to use technology as a tool for career success and as a way to connect with friends and family, let your home spa support you in healthy ways and provide self-care.
Caldera Spas focuses on wellness first. Our hot tubs are designed with genuine relaxation, relief, and connection as the end goals. To find out how a Caldera spa might fit into and enhance your healthy lifestyle, reach out to your knowledgeable local dealer. You can also request a price quote or a downloadable brochure.