For centuries people have sought the wellness benefits of immersing themselves in water. From the Roman baths to today’s Caldera hot tub our attraction to water continues to help us think and feel our best. Whether it’s to soothe aches and pains, or to calm a restless mind, the transformative effect of water is quite powerful.
Simple to experience, many people are surprised to discover the restorative benefits of water. While soaking in warm water, the body experiences both psychological and mental changes. As our circulation improves we begin to think more clearly.
- Lower Stress. Busy and hectic lifestyles increase stress levels and put our health at risk. From high blood pressure to heart disease, the effects of stress on our bodies have been well documented. Soaking in a hot tub allows you to escape from daily stressors, like work and multitasking. Time reserved for yourself helps you recover emotionally and maintain a positive outlook on life.
- Build Relationships. Whether you have a teenager who has grown distant or you’re craving alone time with a spouse or loved one, a hot tub can be your solution. The removal of smart phones and distracting gadgets opens the door to conversation.
- Speed Muscle Recovery. The buoyancy of water reduces the impact of gravity on skeletal and muscle tissue, alleviating tension on the body. Combined with warmth, buoyancy in a tub of water loosens muscles before a workout, or soothes them afterward.
- Improve Sleep. Getting enough quality sleep is vital to our good health and well-being. The Sleep Foundation recommends developing a relaxing routine before bed. Spending time in a hot tub or hot bath prior to going to sleep will help separate the day’s activities from the night of rest ahead. Some studies suggest that soaking in hot water can ease the transition into a deeper sleep by reducing tension and stress.
- Remove Toxins. Soaking in warm water causes our body temperature to increase and blood vessels to dilate. The improved circulation brings in nutrients and oxygen while displacing toxins in areas of weaker flow. As the body regulates its internal temperature our pores release moisture that carries away internal chemical waste.
Thankfully, the benefits of water immersion don’t take long to achieve. A 20-minute soak can improve how you think and feel. That’s time well spent each and every day.